Friday, January 30, 2009

It Could Be Great


Welcome!

Bree and I were talking today and we got on the subject of books. What have you read lately? What have you liked? Isn't it great that Katie has all her books on Good Reads now? That girl reads like crazy! And soon enough, Bree came up with this great idea. A Strong ladies book club/blog thing. It seems like everyone in this family loves to read (another reason I love you guys!). We could choose a book to read and then discuss it together on this blog. Wouldn't it be fun to read the same book at the same time?! Are you in? 

Of course, the first task will be to choose a book. Leave a list of suggestions in the comments and we'll put them to a poll where people can vote. We'll use the list for future selections too. You'll get an invitation to be an author of this blog so that any of us can make posts. 

Come on. It could be great.


6 comments:

  1. It SHOULD be Great-seeing who all you invited! I wanna give a shout out to you two!
    Can we include Danielle-she has posted more books than anyone I know-she would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love book clubs! I'm totally in. I'm a very slow reader, though, but I'll try my best. And you probably won't like my suggestions (I've kind-of been into the classics lately) but here it goes:

    Lord of the Flies
    Last of the Mohicans
    Atlas Shrugged
    Mansfield Park
    Northanger Abbey
    The Sun Also Rises
    Jude the Obscure
    Brisingr (If anybody is into the Christopher Paolini Series)
    Anything by Shannon Hale
    Ender's Shadow
    Inkspell (If anybody is into the Cornelia Funk Series)
    A Christmas Carol (I've never read the original)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in and very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so this is such a fabulous, fabulous idea! I am completely in and will neglect my house and children to finish the book and come up with witty banter for some of my favorite people I know. Bree and Susie, props to you!
    I think it may be a fun idea to read some current Newberry Winners. I know they are young adult/children but hey, some of my favorite books have been classified in those terms. They are easy to read and usually quite entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shellie is in! I am a slow reader. Not by choice but by children! As long as no one will look down upon me for putting Kaleb in front of the t.v., I will do my best to keep up. I am up for anything. Just the other day I was thinking I needed to find books beyond the Twilight series. Sadly though I have no good suggestions so I am thankful you all do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like reading and typing so this seems perfect.

    ReplyDelete